Monday, May 16, 2011

The Unsettling Uncertainties of Your....


Your 20's is a time filled with change, growth, and a lot of "holy shits, what am I doing with my life!?" Since college, any time I've gotten comfortable with a city, country, job, apartment, guy, or what have you, a huge curveball gets launched my way and I'm forced to re-think and re-evaluate everything. There's a lot to be said for the uber exciting feeling of not knowing what's coming next, where you'll end up or how. But that excitement is inevitably accompanied by a hint of fear, anxiety, and the dread of knowing that there will be many (many) steps that come between now and who I'll be when I'm "all grown up."

In the last couple weeks change has snuck up on me, tackled me, and is forcing me to face it head on, again...and I don't feel ready...again. But that's just the way the beast operates, because it's never easy and never going to feel easy - and that might just be the point. You learn, adapt, deal with it and hopefully come out the other side a better person for having done so.

So thus begins the next phase of my life. Luckily, being in my 20's with very few external obligations affords me the awesome possibility to experiment, stumble, and literally do anything or go anywhere. Will I be living in Thailand, Brazil, or Costa Rica in a few months? Possibly. Will I be working in New York City at my dream job? Hopefully. Will I be happy I was made to take a closer look at my life, shift things around, shake things up, squirm in discomfort, but ultimately be one step closer to ME? Absofuckinglutely. 

But a BILLION reasons you should...

No comments:

Post a Comment