Friday, January 14, 2011

Astrological Meltdown!

How much do we project onto ourselves what we're told about ourselves vs. project onto the world who we really are? The age old question that one can never really know the answer to. I was confronted with this conundrum yesterday in the wake of the ASTROLOGICAL CRISIS! of 2011.

Up until yesterday I was a libra. I very much identified with the libra characteristics and took much delight in being a libra. I know a lot of people think astrology is bs, and maybe it is. But to me, it's no more bs than religion, per se. When I first read about my sign, when I was 11 or so, I felt an immediate connection and something about it made total sense to me. "Oh stop it, I'm only being indecisive 'cause I'm a libra!" or "Yeah, I'm easygoing, I don't like the dramzzz, I'm a libra."

See what I mean? Am I really like that, or did I read the characteristics on wikipedia one day and subconsciously decide to mold the sign to fit my personality? Either way, it's happened. You can go round and round forever like the chicken and the egg. Then came an internet explosion yesterday, telling us "HAHA jokes on you! You're someone completely different than who you thought you were, succccccka!" These whacko astronomers said that "because of the moon's gravitational pull on Earth, the alignment of the stars was pushed by about a month," thus fing up everyones sign, and making me a virgo. A virgo?! Are you kidddddding me? No offense to virgos it just ain't me. No way no how, not gonna accept it.

After that complete mindfuck yesterday, turns out all order in the world has been restored! According to the internet today, zodiac signs are the same as they ever were if you adhere to the tropical zodiac (which apparently most of us do).

The moral of this story is I am a proud libra. Whether I adapted to be that way or was born that way is irrelevant. And don't believe everything (or quite possibly anything) you read on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment