Thursday, December 16, 2010

Is it a Bad sign when...

A subtle change on Facebook can actually really and truly startle you and shake you to the core (a bit)? Well, that just happened to me, and I'm sorry to say it's not the first time (It happened when they reduced the font size last month from a 12 to an 11 or something terrifying like that). Change is never something that's easy to take, but unexpected change is even harder. And when it comes from such a reliable steady source, it's just downright scary. I know during big website remodelings, Facebook sends out warnings weeks in advance and tutorials the instant you sign in. But for every smaller change, of which have appeared ad infinitum over the past 5 years, there's no such warning. And every time it's just as jarring as the time before. A few minutes ago I found myself browsing a friend's recent uploads, when the screen turned BLACK and the picture popped up. Immediately I thought I've caught a virus! I clicked on the wrong button! I downloaded something weird by accident! BY GOD, WHAT HAS HAPPENED? It turns out that Facebook has just decided to implement a new picture platform. And 5 mintues later (after restarting facebook, and checking with friends to assure myself  that it's not just my computer, I have screwed up nothing) I actually kinda really like it! It's more appealing to the eye for picture browsing. And just like last time, and the time before that, I take a deep breath, and embrace change. It will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment