Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Blowing Up Your Own Spot

A Lesson to the Boys: Do not trust a girl's close friend to not to tell her incriminating information about you. She will tell. I didn't make up the rules, it's just the way it is, so deal with it. You've gotta be a little thick in the head to think that Sally is not going to tell Julie what you said about her. Especially if you don't preface it with "Don't tell Julie." If there's no warning of privacy, it is public knowledge. And even if there is warning of privacy, it will most likely become public knowledge. Girls like (LOVE) to talk.

So with that being said, I'd like to share with you a story about what NOT to do after your first date with a girl you really like.

Some time ago in Argentina, a friend of the guy I was dating began crushing on my friend. Let's call him Marcus and her Rachel. I knew they were supposed to meet up that night at an after-office club (a really popular activity in Buenos Aires, where you go clubbing directly after work, usually on a Wednesday or Thursday). On this particular night I decided to stay in and was on my computer when all of a sudden I received a stream of IM's from a very distraught Marcus. Before I even had the chance to respond to a single one, he had had an entire conversation with himself:

*Names have been changed to protect the innocent
*Translations have been provided as some of it was written in Spanish

Hi Lindsay,

I'm sorry for writing you in this way. It's just that tonight before I went to the club for after-office I was working late until it was time to go to the club.  I was drinking tea, one after the other to stay awake and keep working. After that I got to (the club), and I sent a message to Rachel for us to meet. She was hanging out with friends in a pub in San Telmo. So I went to meet her. As soon as my foot reached the door outside the club, something felt wrong. My intestines were begging for a bathroom. I couldnt return into the club,  so I asked the guy at the garage around the corner to please let me use the bathroom. I had diarrea. Then I realized how much tea I drank to keep me awake at the office until 9 PM. After that I said thanks to the guy from the garage and I was on my way to meet Rachel.  Some how a little odor was left and there was no way to make it go away, no matter haw clean I was. I noticed that Rachel noticed it too and she covered her nose with her scarf to talk to me. I was hoping that the smell wouldn't go far from me, but I was wrong. It seems that the smell was stronger than what I hoped.  I didn't want to cancel to on Rachel at our first date. even though I wasn't on my best day. The unpredicted arrived had fun with Murphys Laws. First night, First impression???  ....FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, so the poor guy. This type of stuff happens from time to time, but his mistake was telling me about it, without any prodding on my part mind you, (was I really supposed to not ask Rachel how the meet up went?) and going into such graphic detail. It really wasn't necessary. And the irony of the whole thing is that Rachel hadn't noticed the smell at all. She was just cold. He totally blew up his own spot. If you're hoping for date number 2 fellas, don't follow Marcus' example.

No comments:

Post a Comment